Thursday, February 26, 2015

DOGGIES


The Boston Common itself is a gem. And inside of that gem is a hidden gem. Those who know what I’m talking about know what I’m talking about: the dog park. Or rather, the unofficial dog hot spot of Boston. 

You can find it by measuring the dogs per square foot on each section of grass. The one that has the most dpf is probably the dog area. It’s generally located sort of in front of the AMC. 

I’ve had my very own experience with the foofy doofies. I’ve seen them with my own eyes, rubbed them with my own hands, and smelled them with my own nose. You won’t find a more diverse, abundant, or accessible community of pets than this square of grass. The dogs come in all of your favorite colors and sizes. From the tiny, scurrying puppies to the at-risk-of-knocking-you-over great danes, there’s bound to be a dog you’ll fall in love with. That is, if the owners are okay with you petting it. 

I’ve found that, at least during the fall, they’re most abundant during afternoon hours, like 4:00 to 6:00. If you’re lucky, you’ll catch a couple dozen at a time. 

I had three small fluffies running around my legs at one point and it was something I’ll cherish for the rest of time. Their energy is bound to rub off on you and brighten your busy and stressful college day. So go check it out for yourself and relieve the nagging grief of missing your pets at home.

Happy dog petting!!!
- Justin Jaeger, Dog Aficionado, Visual & Media Arts '18 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments and ideas are welcome!